Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Push

I must say that this was not one of my favorite books that we read this semester. The content of the book waas very hard to get through. Just because even thinking about how a father good do this to his child. Better yet how the mother could sit back and not do anything. Knowing what her husband was doing to their own child. I felt that the text was quite graphic and at times hard to read.
  With that being said I wonder if Precious mother was treated like this as a child and therefore that is why she allows this to go on in her house. The mother must have gone through some sort of trauma in her own life to allow this to continue.
  I found it hard to wrap my head what was going on at times. I have never seen the movie so maybe thats why it was so shocking for me. I'm not sure if the movie shows in detail as much as they do in the book. But after reading the book im not sure if i want to even attempt the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment